Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spore and how it is dangerous

So I bought Spore, the game where you start as a cell and move on to rule the universe. Along the way you get to create all kinds of well thought out creatures. Naturally this means a lot of penis monsters. I enjoy the whole conquer the universe angle, but once I showed the creature creator to my girlfriend I knew I would not be the only one playing this game.

"Awww," she cooed as she created an odd purple ducklike creation that I must admit, is the cutest damn thing Ive seen in a long time.

Honestly, creating something cute never occurred to me. I was more for the quirky claw-ridden characters with too many legs, but its a great idea to make something cute. Why? Because you know that some dude will see this cute thing and viciously attack it.

Sad? Yes. True? Too.

Its not a happy thought knowing that cute little Crabragoony will be the victim of some horrible space obduction on some sweaty geeks computer, but its an honest one. I just wonder how I'll break the news to my girlfriend.

Not looking forward to that conversation. But in the meantime...wow, isn't that cute.

No comments: